We are thrilled to announce that our fearless leader, Joe Alapat, has been chosen by the Houston Business Journal as a 2021 Most Admired CEO. This annual list is the result of a wide‑ranging and comprehensive measurement of local business leaders that have created exceptional workplaces and company culture through inspiring and thoughtful leadership.
Honorees were chosen by an independent panel of judges chosen by Houston Business Journal’s editorial team. Candidates were evaluated based on professional accomplishments, community involvement, philanthropic efforts and other exemplary qualities.
“I am incredibly honored and humbled to receive this award,” says Alapat. “I’ve come to the conclusion that a CEO’s role is about building an amazing culture, leading with a strong vision, and attracting hungry and talented individuals to the team. I always try to lead with humility and recognize that the people around me each bring their own expertise and perspectives to the table and how that can amplify the Liongard vision. Combining the culture, the vision, and talent creates the magic!”
Joe’s approach has turned ‘Listen and Learn’ into a core value at Liongard, and we’re committed to recognizing the unique contributions and experience each of our teammates bring to the table.
“The secret ingredient for creating a great place to work is people. At Liongard, we focus on hiring people from all walks of life, sharing ideas, and providing a different point of view. In addition, our company culture continues to receive praise from our partners to potential partners or vendors wanting to learn more.” – Sara Manuel, Senior Channel Marketing Manager
Liongard Leads with Culture
Our culture isn’t just something our CEO talks about in meetings or we learn about during onboarding; we’re encouraged to live it every day! What sets our culture apart from the competition?
- DEI-Driven: Come to work as your full self at Liongard. We value diversity and have an active DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) program and training, Slack channels, and initiatives to make sure every employee is heard. Partner with DEI experts at Insperity to lead us in best practices and facilitating conversations.
- Onboarding: In addition to posting to the major job boards, Liongard partners with DiversityJobs.com to reach 11+ minority job boards.
- Set up for Success: Liongard has recently partnered with Betsy Furler and her foundation ‘For All Abilities’ to assess our teammates strengths, needs and preferences in the workplace.
- Annual Pay Equity Assessment to ensure we continue to pay our teammates fairly and competitively against industry and company-size standards.
- Awareness: Virtual Social Hours combine fun and education.
- Slack Channel: Discuss range of DEI topics, always extending kindness and grace to all perspectives.
- Always Accessible: Our leadership team is active at every level, from participating in learning challenges to taking time for donuts with teammates, and they’re always a just a Slack away.
- Truly Transparent: Our 10-, 3- and 1-year plans help everyone across the whole team understand goals. Learning is encouraged, and meetings have open-door policies.
- Work and Play: We’re an energetic group that loves to use trivia, quizzes, scavenger hunts and other creative methods to make learning fun and information easy to retain.
- Deep Work: Every Thursday afternoon, the entire company is encouraged to participate in Deep Work, which means no meetings, no calls, just mindful focus.
- Stay Engaged: By calling out exceptional work, offering incentive programs, clubs and flexible PTO, or just mingling at a happy hour, it’s all about coming together as people first.
Want to love what you do every day at one of the Inc. 2021 Best Workplaces? Come work for Liongard—take a look at our current openings.